Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Been a Busy Boy

Whew. I have been really busy lately. So much is going on in my life and there's not been a lot of time to take and upload pictures. So, you'll just have to settle for the written description instead.

We dogs had fun at GrandpaDave's in the country, chasing the goats and birds and other dogs and stuff. We all got to go to the airport with him to pick up MomDad but I was the only dog allowed to run around the car while he was driving - the girls had to stay in their kennels while I helped GrandpaDave drive and chew gum.

We got back at home with MomDad and it was nice to be home, napping on my couch, humping my monkey in my own room, sleeping in my own bed next to my own Dad.

A few days later, Mom told us that Ophelia was going to live with GrandpaDave! LUCKY! That's so not fair. I should go there since I am the ManDog. But Mom said that Ophelia wasn't very happy and wasn't fitting in here with me and Scarlett and the kitties and that GrandpaDave would be so very happy if she went to live with him. When she put it that way, I started to understand. Ophelia would just bark and bark all the time and run away from Scarlett and wouldn't play with toys or anything. And then she started doing something even too gross for me! She started eating her poos! YUCK! Mom said it was because she was nervous and unhappy at our house but that doesn't make sense to me...if you're nervous and unhappy, just dig through the trash or shred some kleenexes or whine until you feel better - don't eat your poos! Nasty.

So Ophi's been at GrandpaDave's for a few days now and I hear that she's very happy there. She plays and guards the house with the Great Pyranees dogs, Xena and Bear, and shares GrandpaDave's lap with his kitties. I'm glad she's happy there. I hope I can still visit and play with her sometimes.

You're probably wondering how Scarlett felt about Ophelia moving away? Yeah...she barely even noticed. The only thing she noticed was that half of "her" new toys had disappeared (when Ophelia came to our house she brought her giant basket of toys that Scarlett immediately claimed as her own). Scarlett's too hyper to notice much, really.

We've been working hard on Squirell Patrol in our yard lately. There are three now that taunt us by jumping from the fences to the trees in our yard and flapping their tails at us annoyingly. We just bark and jump and try to figure out how to yank him down so we can catch them.

Well, Mom has started going to her own BabyDoctor to get some medicine put in her every two weeks. She says she might be pretty tired for a long time so I'm going to have to help her out and keep the squirrels away from her a lot. I might not have much time for blogging. But I'll keep checking your blogs and you keep checking back here from time to time. Check out mom's other blog if you want to know what's going on with her.

See ya!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Dobby, you have been busy! I am glad you are back home with your mom and dad, even though you had a great time in the country. And it sounds like Ophelia found the perfect home for her, where she can be happy and relaxed. And best of all, still part of your family!

Deefor said...

Hi Dobby
I guess you are happy to be home. That farm sounds cool. Ophelia is probably happy there. Ask GranpaDave if Arrow can move there to keep her company. They could bark together.

Regards to your monkey.

Deefor

And have a happy holiday if I don't get to a computer again!!

Karen Jo said...

I am very glad that Ophelia found a home where she can be happy. A very Merry Christmas to all of you!

Daisy said...

Dobby, can you tell Scarlett that I only wear my fashions during the photo shoot. I usually do not mind wearing them, but most of them are kind of complicated and not easy to play in so my Mommie takes them off me. We usually take photos for no more than about 15 minutes at a time.