Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rating my Humans

Hi! My buddy Deefor read a book about how to rate some things about other dogs. He decided to apply it to his MomDad which I thought was pretty cool. Then he asked us readers how we would rate our peoples. That sounds like fun. I'm going to rate my MomDad and Scarlett too.

Mom's a Herding dog, I think. She's always making sure everyone's where they should be and what they should be doing on time. She's a lil bossy.
Dominance- High. Like I said, she's kinda bossy. But she is NOT the boss of me. Sometimes I choose to not listen to her commands.
Intelligence- High. She reads a lot and has lots of opinions.
Emotions- High! Mad, happy, crying...I can't keep up but I'm always there to help out (unless she's mad, then you can find me in another room)
Sociability- Very friendly. She's always having friends over who let me lick and jump on them. She chooses good friends.
Energy- Variable. Usually higher in the mornings. Likes mid-afternoon naps like we dogs do.

Dad's a Retriever. Always going to get stuff for me or mom or Scarlett. Kind of Sporting, too. He plays a lot of video games.
Dominance- High. He's the boss of me. My AlphaDog. What Dad says GOES. But I don't think this applies to Mom so much.
Intelligence- High. He's the smartest dad I know! A great problem solver.
Emotions- Moderate. He's mostly tough like me who is a ManDog but sometimes he gets soft and sweet with Mom. Yuck.
Sociability- High. He also has lots of friends and is very friendly with strangers even.
Energy- Variable. Dad works hard at his job so when he's home he's usually tired and likes to rest or do restfully fun things like watch movies or play videogames. Which is alright with me since he's the best lap ever to sleep on!

And now for Scarlett. They say she's a Terrier but I think that's just the french way of saying "Terror."
Dominance- High. She doesn't always listen to MomDad. Sometimes she will listen to Mom more than Dad though. And when we play Smackdown she's usually pretty dominant over me by climbing over my body and whacking me sideways with her whole butt.
Intelligence- High. She finds things in the yard that I guess have always been there but I never knew it before! And she's very selective in who she will listen to and when.
Emotions- Low. Well, she's hyper most of the time but sometimes she likes to stop and cuddle with Mom a lot. Sort of like a split personality. Does that mean high or low on this emotional scale?
Sociability- High. Like me, she loves other people. But she hasn't had much exposure to other dogs since she graduated from Puppy Preschool so when she hears or sees other dogs or strangers while on walks, she barks like a loco dog. I don't know what's wrong with her.
Energy- HIGH HIGH HIGH! She's almost ALWAYS going and for someone with just a little stump of a tail, she's always wagging it and going crazy!

Thanks, Deefor! That was fun!

3 comments:

Deefor said...

hi
LOL at your ratings! Those dog categies really fit humans better.

Deefor

Daisy said...

I'll bet lots of moms are like Herding dogs! Being a mom is a hard job.

Poppy said...

And what about you, Dobby? Intelligence: genius?

Poppy