Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Anyway, that's another story for some other day.
My pal Deefor tagged me with some questions that I will now answer. Thank you Deefor:
1. Where is your favorite place to sleep? On the back of the couch, or anywhere in the sunshine or next to my dad or on my big bed:
2. Is there a specific trick your humans make you do to get treats? They make me keep track of the calender and every month when the day is number 1, I tell them and they give me a treat which I think has heartworms in it but I'm not sure. And then every night at dinnertime, I whine at my food bowl and they give me a "Beast Pill" which tastes like beef but Mom says it has something called GLUE and TITANS in it. Yum. (Mom here. It's glucosamine chondriton for his joints. NOT GLUE!)
3. If you could spend an entire day doing anything at all with anyone what would do and with whom? I would spend the whole day walking with Dad at the outdoor mall where I can meet lots of peoples and some nice small dogs.
4. What is your favorite toy? My Monkey and my Harley and my Buffalo and my Beesh and my LongDog and my puppy nubby ball and my cat toys. All of them are my favorites.
5. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be? I would like to change my kitchen like give it a makeover for better accessibility. I'd first make the kitchen countertops lower to the ground by, oh, say, 4 feet or so. Then I'd take the doors and drawer cover things off of the fridge for easier access. Knock out all the shelves and doors to the pantry and just pile all the foods there in the middle. And sell the dining table so MomDad could just eat on the floor with me. That would be perfect. I'll go get the phone book if you tell me how to spell contractors.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
I AM A SERIOUS MANCAT WHO KILLS AND HUNTS ALL THE TIME. MOM SAYS I LIVE IN MY OWN LITTLE FANTASY WORLD LIKE THIS BUT I KNOW SHE IS LYING AND LATER I WILL KILL HER FOR SAYING SO.
I AM A PIXIE BOB WHICH MEANS I AM PART BOBCAT WHICH MEANS I AM NOT AT ALL A PIXIE-FROO-FROO-GIRLIE MAN. I DO NOT HAVE A TAIL. MY SISTERS BOTH HAVE TAILS SO I THINK THAT TAILS ARE FOR GIRLS AND FOR DOGS ONLY.
I LOOK OUT AT ALL THE MICES AND BIRDIES THAT I CAN KILL ALL THE TIME.
I GET "VIOLENT MAN RUBS" FROM DAD ALMOST EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED AND SOMETIMES I GIVE HIM THE BITEY IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.
YESTERDAY COUSIN BAILEY CAME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND SCAIRT THE BEJEEBUSES OUT OF ME. I MEAN I WAS NOT ACTUALLY SCARED, JUST CAUGHT OFF GUARD AND SO I PUT MY HAIRS UP AND HISSED AT HIM LIKE THIS:
LATER, I KILLED HIM AND MADE HIM GO HOME.
I LIKE CATNIP VERY MUCH AND LAST NIGHT WHILE MOM WAS MIXING SOMETHING HERBALY UP, NALA MEOWED AND TOLD ME THAT SHE HAD SOME NIP OUT. NORMALLY, I ONLY LIKE TO CHASE AND ANTAGONIZE AND TORMENT NALA BUT LAST NIGHT SHE REALLY MADE ME HAPPY BY TELLING ME ABOUT THE NIP. SHE EVEN SHARED SOME OF IT WITH ME WHICH MADE ME HIGH AND HAPPIER. I EVEN WAITED A LITTLE LONGER THAN USUAL TO CHASE HER AROUND THE HOUSE. I AM A NICE BRUDDER SOMETIMES.
THIS BLOG IS KIND OF BORNING TO WRITE ON. I THINK I NEED TO GO FIND A BUG TO EAT OR SOMETHING.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
1. Your age? On June 4th I turned 4. On June 5th I turned 4 and a half. I am still 4 and a half until June 4th next time. That's when I'll be 5.
I was tiny. Like 4 months old. Here I am on my dad's hand just a couple weeks before he bringed me to his home.
3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now?
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with? MyLindsay, MyGrandma, GrandpaFrank, GrandpaDave, Grammy, Kat, John, MeatManBill, GrandpaWatermelon.
5. How much do you weigh? 14 pounds
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? I was never much of a destroyer-of-things kind of chewer so I don't really remember if I chewed up anything really expensive. But last week I chewed and swallowed a whole bunch of CousinBailey's foods and some meats that Grandma gave to me and that's what made me sick and Mom says it costed her like 6 Million Dollars to make me all better. (This is Mom here, now. It was more like $600. Dobby likes to exaggerate everything!)
7. Do you like other Dogs? Only if they are my size or smaller and if they are bigger than me and girl dogs who are full-grown and not wild puppies and who are nice and gentle.
8. Who is your best non-human friend? Brudder!!!!! YAY!!!
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? Squeaky toys for sure because MomDad love to hear me squeak them so much they tear right into my toys and take the squeaky parts out for them to keep for themselves. They're so silly!
10. Do you like to be brushed? No it drives me crazyloco!
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? Yes, please!!!!
12. Do your people cut your toenails? Mostly, Dad tries to KILL ME by rip my heart out through my toenails with the clippers!
13. Any formal education? Why yes, indeed, I am. I am a solid B graduate from the Petsmart Puppy Preschool. While in school, I learned Sit, Stay, Down, Leave It, and Okay. Here I am with Dad as we neared Graduation Day 3 years ago:
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? Hmmm. That's a tough one. Let me think...so you're saying the couch is made of potatoes...is the bunny made of the energizer called chocolate??
15. Five nicknames your people call you: Hims, Little Prince, Doobie, DoodleBug, BadBoy (this one only sometimes).
16. What is your best trick? I can single-nosedly rearrange the sheets on the bed to my personal preference of comfort.
18. What did you have for breakfast? Mostly, I don't like to eat breakfast.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? If so, what? Almost every night, when I've burrowed deep in the covers on the bed, and my eyes are closed and my paws are twitching and I'm squeaking a lot like I'm crazyloco...that's when I am killing things. So all the time.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? OH NO! Don't remind me! I went last Sunday and you already know why!!! :(
21. Where do you sleep at night? Under the covers tucked tightly in next to Dad's left side.
23. Can you make puppies? Sorry, I don't know how to do magic.
24. Your favorite place to visit? Grandma's house, GrandpaDave's house (so I can chase his Emu and his Goats), the grassy park near my house so I can run and run, and anywhere else MomsDad's car will take me.
25. Do you give kisses? I like to french Mom when she's not paying attention and, like Poppy, I'm very good at frenching noses. But my favorite kinds of kisses to give are the sneak attack kind where I invade someone's face and chew on their earlobes! HA! That's pawesome!
26. Can you potty on command? Yes but don't tell everyone.
27. To Cuz or not to Cuz? Blue! No! GREEN! Wait. What was the question???
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Doh! Mom just reminded me that I don't get any people foods anymore since they made me so sick last time. Hey, what does the word "Spensive" mean anyway?
And I don't even know how I did it while I was sick but look...I made a new friend! Her name is Poppy and she is cute like me! :)
Sunday, July 22, 2007
When they finally brought me home they wouldn't even feed me any foods. Instead, they gave me some more nasty medicines and made me wait a whole long time before finally giving me food. AND THEN they gave me MORE medicine after that!
Mom is taking Monday off from work to stay home with me and watch me. She says she's doing it because I am her kid and that's what Peoples do when their kids are sick like I am.
I'm going to bed early now with Dad. I really don't feel like doing much else.
Note from Mom: Hi there. The vet says Dobby has something called Pancreatitis. We're thinking he developed it after eating shish-kabobs at his Grandma and Grandpa's house last Monday night: when a dog eats lots of food that is high in fat, sometimes his pancreas can't process all of that fat quickly enough and so things get messy on the inside. The vets gave him IV fluids and kept a close eye on him all day. They say he didn't vomit all day and he's been home, medicated and fed since 5 and so far he's keeping it down. He's extremely lethargic, though, and the vets left a catheter in his arm in case they need to give him more fluids tomorrow. Thursday night I just thought pancreatitis was a fancy word for "stomach ache." Today I learned that it can be fatal if not properly treated. The vet said it can last 3-10 days and she thinks Dobby is at the tail end of it. I am staying home to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't chew on the bandage covering the catheter and also if he vomits again, he's going straight back to the vet's. He's doing fine and being spoiled (although medicated!) by both myself and his favorite Dad. He'll be back to blogging in no time! I'll keep you posted, too.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Each person links to the person who tagged them. Then each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people and then visits those peoples’ sites and comments letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.
Here are eight things about Mom:
1. Mom has been wanting something called a "baby" for a couple years now. She's always talking about it to Dad but I think he's like me: he doesn't understand why Mom wants a "baby" when she's already got me. What does that mean? I do not know. But it seems she was successful in brainwashing Dad and now they are trying to make one. She said to me this morning that she has to, like, study for a whole week or maybe two and then she will take a BIG TEST and it will tell her if she wins a "baby" or not. I say, "whatever, play my toys with me!"
2. Mom does crafts while she and Dad watch TV at night. She was doing something with big wooden needles and thick balls of yarn but now she's working on stuff with teenie tiny pokey needles and different colors of thread. One time, she made this for me:
Of course, I'm not a PRINCESS because I'm not a girl. So she changed it to PRINCE because that's what I am. Her Little Prince.
3. Mom has a green thumb! For real! I've seen it! Well, not really for real. That's just what Dad says about her. He says that means that she likes to grow lots of plants and she's really good at keeping them alive. Dad? Not so much. His thumbs are both skin-colored.
4. Mom has no brothers or sisters. Maybe that's why she likes MyLindsay (Dad's sister) so much!
5. Mom rides a motorcycle like Dad does. Hers used to be Dad's until Dad got a newer, bigger, and louder motorcycle. She took his quieter black one and put some Tinkerbell stickers on it and then called it hers. She rides all the time. GrandpaDave says it's "in her blood." I've seen her cut her finger and bleed sometimes and I've never seen any motorcycles in her blood so I think he's making that up. He rides a loud motorcycle, too, so I guess he can make stuff like that up.
6. When Mom was younger and got her first apartment all by herself, she went to the Dumb Friends League to get a cat. She visited with one kitty but then the Dumb Friends League had to call to make sure her landlord would let her really have kitties so she put the kitty on hold for a couple hours. When she went back to pick the kitty up they gave her a completely different kitty than the one she had visited with earlier in the day! Mom was so sad! She and my Grammy got mad at the people there and they ended up with what Mom likes to call "Buy One Get One Free" kitties! That's how I got my older sisters Nala and Ariel. It turns out that Ariel was the first kitty she wanted but they tried to send her home with Nala. In the end she got them both and good thing too because they are Sisters-And-Twins!
7. Mom's dad (GrandpaDave) is the one who gave Merlyn (Brudder) to live with us. GrandpaDave had some kitties of his own and two of them were Pixie-Bobs named Lacy and Harley and he made them take a test and have their own babies. Merlyn was one of those babies. GrandpaDave called him Buster and he was his favorite of the whole bunch but he couldn't keep him at his house because he had too many kitties already. So he begged MomDad to take Buster in to our house. Mom really wanted to but Dad was afraid Buster (aka Merlyn) would pee all over things. Mom and GrandpaDave promised Dad that he wouldn't but after he came to live with us, he did pee all over everything. It was nasty! I didn't like the smell at all and I generally like things that smell gross! Eventually Merlyn stopped peeing on things and fighting with the Girls and now we all live happy together without peeing inside (most of the time)!
8. Mom took a fun internet quiz that Candace showed her and the result was this:
Possessing a rare combination of wisdom and humility, while serenely dominating your environment you selflessly use your powers to care for others.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
Galadriel is a character in the Middle-Earth universe. You can read more about her at the Galadriel Worshippers Army.
Here are eight friends that I tag to do this meme about themselves or their MomDad's:
Kimo & Sabi (unless you guys did it already then you don't have to do it again)
Anastasia and Karl
Claire at TurtleHeart's Cove
Sorry, I only know these four friends. If you're not on this list but you want to do this, go ahead! Just please let me know here so I can come see your answers!
Friday, July 20, 2007
When I snarl at Bailey, he usually goes away but everyone laughs. They are probably laughing at what a fraidycat Bailey is of me. That's awesome!
So yesterday I had to go to the doctor. Dad came home from work and found me frowing up all over the house. I was very thirsty but every time I drank some water, it would come back out of my tummy. It was very yucky and it made me very sad so I cried a lot. He put me in the car and took me to my BabyDoctor. I am very embarassed to tell you this next part but I frew up a little bit in his car even. I was really sick and I couldn't even help it. I'm sorry, Dad.
The doctor was mean to me by poking me with stuff and putting that thing in my you-know-where. But my girlfriend Kat the Nurse protected me. She loves me very much so she cuddled and kissed me and talked a lot about how sweet I am. I wish that doctor would listen to her and stop hurting me. Later they took me away from MomDad and poked me with things - they took some red stuff out of me and put some clear stuff into me. The whole thing was very nasty. The doctor told MomDad that I have a bad stomach ache and they made me go home to sleep and not eat. This morning Mom gave me some medicine which I did not know was coming and had I known it was coming I would have doctor who told her to give it to me! The medicine tasted very yucky but on the plus side, I did get to have some special food that they have been hiding in the pantry from me! Horray!
I am feeling much better today and I am very distracted by some mices I've seen scattering in the rocks in my back yard! I really need to go out and get those mices but Mom won't even let me do it! AUGH! It's my JOB since the cats don't know how! After I finish this post I will continue to rouse Mom into thinking I am just casually lounging and sleeping on the couch but when she gets in the shower, I will attempt to dig my way out of the house to go get those mices.
Wish me luck!
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
What is your favorite fruit?
Who is someone you consider as a great role model?
Mostly, my Dad. He is the Alpha Dog of me and so I do (almost) everything he tells me to do. He is very manly and so I try to be just as manly as he is. He rides a motorcycle and lights things on fire sometimes and he's not even afraid of thunderboomers. He is my hero.
If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?
I would like to spend the night at MeatManBill's house. Every time I go to his house for family holidays, he feeds me lots of meats! Usually, he stands in the kitchen next to the counter full of food, pulls a big bite out with his fingers, and tears it in three pieces. He gives me and his own dog Rocky each a big piece and then he eats the last piece. He repeats this over and over and over until my tummy hurts and I have to go crawl to the corner to burp and digest in private. Plus, Rocky is a big fat sausage dog who shows me where all the extra treats are and how to sneakily eat them when the house is full of many family members - too busy to notice the Sausage Dog and ManDog eating from the trash in the garage or sneaking all of the bits of turkey that had been left out for the cats. I think if I could spend the night at MeatManBill's house I would get to eat at the dinner table I bet!
Name something you do too often.
Chew on my ChickenLegs. I have these spindly little legs that are always itchy so I have to chew on them. MomDad call them chicken legs and I like to kick MomDad with them when we are asleep in bed at night. Sometimes I get so engrossed in the chewing of my ChickenLegs that I think I get into a trance and forget what I am doing. It is fun.
Fill in the blank: I really like __MeatManBill____ because __he feeds me real food so I don't have to survive solely on my spindly chicken legs_.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
So here I am with a pink wig on. And if you tell anybody about this, I will find you and I will pee on your leg. I mean it.
Mom says: Thank you, Daisy and Daisy's mom for making the picture for us! We are looking into buying that program you told us about! :)
Monday, July 9, 2007
That one puppy is about to hit the other puppy. That is not nice. But they are kind of cute about it, aren't they?
Ooooo! I would love to ride another dog when I go to the lake on the boat! Look, he doesn't even have to get his feet wet! But I don't like big dogs so I'm not sure who I could get to carry me like this.
This dog loves his kitty very much. I love my kitties very much but I do not think they will let me hug them like this.
This is what I would look like if I was a space dog and had a goldfish bowl on my head and a water gun in my paw.
I do not think I would want to be a chicken dog like this guy. But he is wee.
Saturday, July 7, 2007
I was playing at Kimo & Sabi's blog yesterday, and they had this contest for their one year blogaversary (whatever that means...I'll ask Mom later) and they put up a picture of a weird rocket ship thing and we all had to guess what it was. So I walked around my house looking and sniffing at things that might make me think of what it was and then I guessed it and I was right! It's a air blower thingy that my Dad uses on his camera! Dad's doesn't look like a cool rocket ship though. His is only gray and boring. But anyway I guessed it right and I WON!!!! TwentyFIVE whole moneys!!!!
At first I wanted to have those moneys spent to buy me a whole bunch of my favorite large size Greenies to chew on! But then Ariel told me that was very selfish and so I talked it over with all of my kitties and we decided to have that moneys donated to the Colorado Humane Society because my Mom is always talking about how she wants to bring home more puppies and kitties from there to live with us but Dad says we don't have enough room. So we thought that moneys would help those puppies and kitties live happy at the shelter until they find good peoples to take them to their homes. If you want to give them moneys too, you should because it's nice there and they need help.
Thank you, Kimo and Sabi for your excellent contest! That was fun to win something!
Friday, July 6, 2007
How many pieces of jewelry do you wear most days?
Well, my favorite piece of jewelry is my ManDog Collar. It's called a ManDog Collar because it's really big and I think you're supposed to put it on sort of bigger dogs like German Shepherds and Malamutes. But Dad got it for me for Christmas when I was only two-and-a-half years old because he knows that I really am a ManDog.
What is your favorite instrumental song?
Well, I don't really listen to very much instrumental music because I don't really know what that means. But my favorite song right now is "Brass Monkey" because it reminds me of my sexy girlfriend named Monkey.
Who has a last name that you like?
There are last names? What are those for? I thought there were just titles and regular names. Like GrandpaDave or GrandpaWatermelon (he fed me watermelon last year) and MeatManBill (he feeds me meat whenever I see him) or MyLindsay.
Name a popular movie you’ve never seen.
I've never seen All Dogs Go to Heaven. I don't know what it's about but it sounds like a travel documentary and since I like to go in the car to lots of places, it sounds like Heaven is the place to be. And, since I am a Dog, I want to go there.
Fill in the blank: Nothing makes me __sleepy-er_____ like ___plopping on the porch in the sunshine all day___.