Sunday, July 22, 2007

Still Sickly

To tell the truth, I feel rotten. I frowed up some more this morning and so MomDad took me back to the doctor. I spent all day there being shaved and poked on the arm and I even had to wear a satellite around my head. That was awful. MomDad didn't even come get me until, like, 5:00 PM and I was really tired and ready to go home.
When they finally brought me home they wouldn't even feed me any foods. Instead, they gave me some more nasty medicines and made me wait a whole long time before finally giving me food. AND THEN they gave me MORE medicine after that!
Mom is taking Monday off from work to stay home with me and watch me. She says she's doing it because I am her kid and that's what Peoples do when their kids are sick like I am.
I'm going to bed early now with Dad. I really don't feel like doing much else.

Note from Mom: Hi there. The vet says Dobby has something called Pancreatitis. We're thinking he developed it after eating shish-kabobs at his Grandma and Grandpa's house last Monday night: when a dog eats lots of food that is high in fat, sometimes his pancreas can't process all of that fat quickly enough and so things get messy on the inside. The vets gave him IV fluids and kept a close eye on him all day. They say he didn't vomit all day and he's been home, medicated and fed since 5 and so far he's keeping it down. He's extremely lethargic, though, and the vets left a catheter in his arm in case they need to give him more fluids tomorrow. Thursday night I just thought pancreatitis was a fancy word for "stomach ache." Today I learned that it can be fatal if not properly treated. The vet said it can last 3-10 days and she thinks Dobby is at the tail end of it. I am staying home to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't chew on the bandage covering the catheter and also if he vomits again, he's going straight back to the vet's. He's doing fine and being spoiled (although medicated!) by both myself and his favorite Dad. He'll be back to blogging in no time! I'll keep you posted, too.

4 comments:

Deefor said...

Dobby
I hope you feel better. It's sad that eating good food made you sick.

Deefor

Daisy said...

Oh Dobby! I did not know you were sick. I am very sad about that. I hope that you are on the mend soon. I am going to purr for you to feel better.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Oh Dobby! Puking sucks! No more eatin' da bean's food - gits better soon buddy!

Poppy said...

I'm sorry you're sick Dobby. My kitty-cousin Patrick had pancreatitis once. He got better, but he had to be on special good-quality food and no treats from then on. I hope you get better! When you do, come visit my blog at
http://littleblondechihuahua.blogspot.com
Are you a rescued chihuahua-ish too?