Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sensative Stomachs


A couple weeks ago, Mom got inspired by my friend Poppy to make homemade doggie treats. She did a bunch of research and went shopping where all the hippies shop and made us what she thought were wholesome, natural and fun treats for me and Scarlett. First, she made these:
Frozen Pawgurt Treats
16 oz vanilla soy yogurt
2 TB unsweetened natural Peanut Butter
2 TB natural Honey
2 mashed-up bananas
2 peeled, cored and chopped apples
Blended all together and poured into an ice cube tray. Freeze for 24 hours and serve outside (because it's slippery and hard to get a grip on it and Mom doesn't want it all over her new carpet).

We got one each of these and boy were they GOOD! I boycotted my dinner that night in attempts at getting more of these (it didn't work. I was hungry all night). The next day, I was puking all over the place. It was nasty.

So Mom waited a week and then made us these:
Pupcicles
1 can organic chicken broth
1 can water
1 peeled, shredded carrot

Blended all together and frozen 24 hours. Again, served outside.
Mom keeps saying these are to help Scarlett and her baby teeths but I think she just wants to spoil us as we are used to. Anyway, these made Scarlett poop all over the bedroom in the middle of the night (which also taught Mom a valuable lesson that Kennel Training is not finished when puppy sleeps under the covers with you one night). And two days after that, I was puking up carrots still.

Mom had to give away most of the frozen treats that she made to Cousin Bailey (I hate that). I hope they don't make him sick like we were (or do I?). No more treat foods for us I guess.

The good news is that Mom had to get training treats since Scarlett started preschool today. We searched high and low together at Petsmart and finally found something that says "EASILY DIGESTABLE" on the front of it. I had a couple. Scarlet had about a hundred today while she was trying to learn her name. I'll let you know tomorrow if everything comes out (or doesn't) alright!

8 comments:

The Cat Realm said...

How wonderful of your Mom to make you such great treats - of course the result wasn't that good...
Maybe you just had too much?
I love butter - but when I eat the slightest bit too much (which I tend to do) I get fluid poop.....
I fear for Scarlet....
Karl

Poppy said...

Poor Dobby! I'm sorry about your sad tummies. Maybe you have allergies or something. Those sound like good treats though. I would eat them all up for you if I could!

Poppy

Daisy said...

Those treats sound very delicious! Sorry they made your bellies feel bad.

Deefor said...

Those chicken soup pupsicles sound yummy. Too bad about your tummy and Scarlett's bum problems. I wish I could taste one.

Deefor

Kimo and Sabi said...

Oh Dear! That's exactly why our momma is paranoid about making homemade treats fer us! Hope yer feelin' better :)

The Furry Kids said...

Those treats sound delicious! Sorry they made your tummies sick. :(

Titus

Gudrun said...

Hi Dobby! I'm Ginger and I also live in Colorado!

All if those treats sound great - my mom makes me frozen treats too. Hope your mom can find just the right recipe so you two don't get sick - they're a lot better when they stay in your tummy...

Tail wags
Ginger

Sophia and Abby said...

I'm going to show my mommy those recipes because they sound really yummy. I hope she will make me some of them even though I don't have a sore tummy like you do. I hope you feel better soon. and thanks for stopping by my blog.