Saturday, September 22, 2007

What's been Goin' On


Things have settled down a little bit here at home. Grammy came over for a few days last week and brought her dog and another dog she is fostering with her. Her dog is Ophelia and she's not annoying or anything. Pretty mellow for the most part and leaves my stuff alone. Here is Ophelia, Scarlett and me enjoying some Chill Time on the chair.
But then Grammy also brought this little guy named Spike over and he is a sausage dog! He barks and whines a lot and thinks he's a big tough guy but he's not really. He followed Grammy around like a lost puppy and did not like being left alone with us three other dogs in the backyard for very long. I really enjoyed smelling him. He eats interesting things and has been to interesting places. We all went to the BarkPark together and terrorized some Great Danes that thought they were tougher than us.
Scarlett is still going to Puppy Preschool and learning how to not be so dumb and obnoxious. I guess she's really smart after all. Mom hasn't been able to do their homework together all week so she and Dad were cramming it all in this morning and Scarlett picked up right away. She's getting really good at Sit, then Down and then Sit again. She's having trouble with loose leash walking I guess. She gets lots of treats anyway for doing the other stuff. She's so lucky.
Scarlett and I have been taking very good care of Mom now that Grammy's dogs have gone to their own home. We hold her down on the couch so that she gets good rest like the doctor told her to.
Although sometimes we have to be on patrol and guard the house. This sometimes means we have to bark a lot and I guess Mom doesn't like that when she's trying to take a nap. That's when she makes us go get locked with Dad in another room.
But eventually she wants some fresh air so we take her outside and entertain her by playing Chase and the Plop together in the yard.
We're a pretty good team together, me and Scarlett.

5 comments:

Deefor said...

Hi Dobby
Glad your mom is resting and getting better. Keep holding her down. It's good to show those giant dogs who's boss.

Deefor

Daisy said...

I am very glad that you are taking such good care of your mom. I am certain that you are helping her a lot.

Poppy said...

It looks like you and Scarlett are using some good teamwork to help your mom get better. Keep up the good work!

Poppy

The Furry Kids said...

You guys are such good helpers. Chase and Plop are great games.
We hope your mom feels better soon.
Titus

Sophia and Abby said...

HI Dobby,

Thanks for visiting my blog. My big baby sister starts her puppy classes this Sunday. I bet she'll get lots of treats too. It looks like you had fun with lots of doggies to play with. I hope you mommy is doing better