Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Letter Sent from GrandpaDave to MomDad

(FYI: Xena is GrandpaDave's Great Pyrannees)

Pete & Abbey:

Dobby likes Xena's food. He hasn't touched his food but he has raided
Xena's bowl when he is out for a walk. Scarlett eats and eats and eats
some more. This morning I gave her a handful of food and she wolfed it
down, acted hungry so I gave her some more. She wolfed that down. I gave
her more and she ate that. I gave her more and she wolfed that too. At this
point she had had almost enough to fill Xena up. So I stopped giving her
more food. Then - she proceeded to raid Xena's bowl along with Dobby.

I keep finding tootsie roles around the house. Scarlett has trouble pooping
in my yard as my grass is much higher and there are prickly things out there
like yucca and wild grasses. She saw the peacock and got scared today.

They seem to like Xena's apartment in the garage. It is cool and there is
room to play. I keep the garage door open so they can officiate over what
is going on outside. The deck seems to be OK but it is hot and Dobby keeps
begging to get back inside. I don't leave them in the yard unattended.

Scarlett got slapped by a cat yesterday evening. I think she offended Lacy
in some way. Probably invaded her space. I didn't see the assault but
heard about it.

They like running down to the barn with me. Dobby found the dead fox
(mostly bones and skin now and all dried out) and rolled around in it before
I saw what he was up to and called him off.

More updates later.

Did you guys see dolphins yet?

Dad

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Tee hee! I love the bit about the tootsie rolls! I leave those for Mom and Dad sometimes too! :)

Poppy

ChaChi Lu said...

Even though I am SOOO refined and cultured, I just LOVE to roll around in stinky things too! Lucky you to have a stinky treasure in your lawn to frolic in!

~ChaChi Lu Pink Champagne