Saturday, August 4, 2007

Invasion at my house!!!

I'm very sorry that I have not blogged lately. I've been very distracted, somewhat depressed and extremely annoyed by something that invaded my house on Wednesday. THIS is what has me all wonky:

It's a puppy.

And it's a girl.

And MomDad keep trying to tell me she is now my sister.

And they're also trying to make me be nice to her and not snap at her and they're even forcing me to SHARE with her! Can you believe it?!?! She even has a pink bed! PINK IS GROSS!!!!

I didn't even know what was happening. All I remember is Dad came home from work early on Wednesday and we taked a nap together. Then Mom came home and ran around the house all a-twitter. Then she and me and Dad loaded up in the car and went on a trip. I thought we were going to GrandmaGrandpa's but instead we ended up at some peoples' house I've never been to before. They had some other dogs there. Some were my size. Most of them were small like that girl up there. They all followed me around while I inspected and marked up their yard. I was all cool with this new place we were visiting because they had new and tasty dog food out for me to snack on. The next thing I knew, I was whisked away to the car and when MomDad finally joined me and took me home, that little puppy was in the car with us!!!!

It was horrible. She pooped on Mom first thing. What a dumb girl. Doesn't she know you're not supposed to poop on Mom? That's bad news.

That girl dog spent the night! I was shocked!

Mom kept bringing more and more pink girlie toys in the house which was okay since I really like toys and can always use new stuff to play with. But all of a sudden, she was yelling at me to NOT play with those toys! What the heck?!

I started to lay down the law with that little pipsqueak right away. I said to her, "This is my house. These are my toys. This is my MomDad. Don't touch any of them."
I don't think her hearing is so good.That girl dog is still here. I guess she's supposed to be living with us now. I've started to keep track of things about her so I can figure out how to lure her far far away from us. Here is what I know so far:

1. They call her Scarlett, or Miss Scarlett, or Little Bit, or Scarlett O'Hara. I have yet to figure out what any of those names mean.

2. She has ADHD. I swear to Dog, her thought processes are like this: "OMG! TOYS! FROGGIE! CHEW CHEW CHEW! OMG! WHAT'S OVER THERE!? Ooooo! WATER TO DRINK! OMG! RUN OVER THERE! NOW RUN OVER THERE! OMG! SCRATCH!! CAN I EAT THAT?! WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE?! I'M GONNA EAT IT! CHEW CHEW CHEW!"


3. Just as quickly as she thinks and does all that, she collapses and falls asleep.

4. She really likes pink.

5. She thinks she is big like me and can play with my toys. She is very very wrong.

6. She likes to watch me in the yard a lot.


7. She poops like a ZILLION TIMES A DAY!

I am not sure yet what I am going to do with this thing called Scarlett. First, I must consult with Deefor who also recently experienced a similar home invasion. If anyone else has any advice for me, please leave a comment! I need help here!

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Dobby, I am very sorry, but I must side with little miss Scarlett. She is very very cute! And she must be smart because she already knows that pink is the best color in the world. I think you will learn to like her, because you can be the big brother!

Ali & Fiona said...

Hi Dobby,

We choose you to be our not-of-my-species-special-friend, we think you are very understanding of cats since you have cat brother & sisters. Also we are trying to learn more about dogs so that Ali can overcome his fear of dogs. Ali was attacked by a dog before he was adopted by our momma & daddy, so he has extreme fear of the dog species. Eventually momma & daddy would like to get a puppy, so we thought since you are so nice, you would help us understand doggies better.

Your Friends,
Ali & Fifi

Deefor said...

Poor Dobby!
Your life will never be the same! I get one-handed pets now with the other hand on Arrow. He chews up papers and carries shoes around.

But don't be mean or you will get in trouble. I just give Arrow a dirty look. If I growl, he gets more love.

I am training Arrow so he will be fun to play with. Mayble. Good luck!

Deefor

Poppy said...

Hi Dobby! I can't believe you got a sister! I'm not sure how I would feel if I got a new sister. I kind of like being the only dog. Maybe you can teach her to fetch your toys for you and other cool stuff like that. :)Poppy

The Cat Realm said...

I Dare You...!
Come on over and check it out.
Karl
from The Cat Realm

The Cat Realm said...

Oh my - I must have brains like your little sister - I dared you even AFTER Ali and Fiona already chose you as their nomss friend... Doesn't matter, you can still accept the Dare and make even MORE friends.
And maybe start with that sister of your? It looks to me like she is there to stay, so you might as well get used to it. Think about the positive site: you can gang up on your humans! You can play with each other! You an support each other whenever there is need for it!
And you have two wonderful new nomss friends in Ali and Fiona!
They are great cats! I am happy to see all the new nomss friendships growing!
Your friend also, Karl

Zinger said...

dobby - nice to meet you - steve, my mum's boss guy, sent me your link.

i'm trapped in my cage because my mum brought home TWO puppies! and she already had a very agreeable dog that didn't bother me at all. she says she's keeping one and fostering the other for some dog rescue thingie.

i tell you they are crazy, they're always taking her things, and yeah she complains about ME POOPING ALOT! i got nothing on them!

hang in there! hopefully you can train her well and maybe you'll even like her eventually!
archi