Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The thing about Scarlett...

I am beginning to think Scarlett is a weirdo. But she's not as bad as she was when she first moved in last week. In fact, she might be kinda smart.

Mom has been letting us go outside together without her or Dad to supervise. Usually, she goes to one side of the yard to do her business while I go to the other side to do mine. Eventually, when our businesses are done, we go to check out each others' businesses. This is how we are getting to know each other.

She sleeps in the bed with me sometimes when she's not in her tiny little kennel. It's okay unless she's touching me then I don't like that very much.

MomDad got her a jail cell on Sunday. It was really cool to see her locked up for once!
But I think she might be a smart dog because it only took her 15 minutes to break out of her jail cell!

So much for that idea.

MomDad and GrandpaFrank keep saying stuff about how I'm not going to be the Alpha Dog for very much longer. What's that supposed to mean? Do they think she is going to take over? I know that Dad is the Alpha Dog and then comes Mom and then me. Next come the kitties and then mayyyyyybe Scarlett. I'm pretty sure Dad could take Scarlett if she tried to take over his position as Alpha Dog. I will have to watch to find out.

Oh, and she howls. She must think she's a coyote. Dad says it's cute but I think it's weird.

The best thing about her so far is when she stops moving, barking or crying so much and sleeps. Maybe I could use her for a pillow some day. Hmmmm

7 comments:

Ali & Fiona said...

She is awfully cute, is she a chihuahua like you? Ali howls and he is a cat but he only howls when he gets a bath.

Mr. Hendrix said...

hi dobby! wow, a sister. i hear they can be tough. mommy likes her name. she is a big GWTW fan.
i'm glad you get some down time to nap. she may make a good pillow, she's awfully small tho...not much cushion there...

Daisy said...

Dobby, can I ask you a question? Is "business" the same thing as making some poopies? Just wondering. Because I do business every day!

Dobby said...

Fiona: No she is not "of my people." She is a rat. Mom says she is a rat terrier but I think she's just a plain ole rat.

Daisy: Yes. Business is pooping.

Karen Jo said...

Hmmm, maybe the people are thinking that Scarlett will outgrow you when they say that you won't be the Alpha Dog for much longer. She is very smart to figure out how to break out of her jail cell so quickly. Using her for a pillow sounds like a good idea.

Deefor said...

Hi Dobby,
I love the big cage. There are times my new brother Arrow needs one. He is a little more fun lately. Maybe Scarlett will be ok.

Deefor

Poppy said...

I had a jail just like Scarlett's when I was a puppy. But I never figured out how to break out of it. You're right--she must be smart!

Poppy